Hello beautiful pregnant mums,
Are you planning to birth naturally and yet you have learned unwelcoming stories about birthing that have created fear or doubt that may hinder your own birthing experience? Do you want to learn techniques that can deepen your ability to relax, release fear and cope with birthing pain during labour?
Sounds familiar? Please read on as Mindful Birthing could just be the right tool to prep you to manage the giving birth to and parenting your next generation.
Why Mindful Birthing?
The birth of a child is truly a beginning, not only of a new being entering this world, but also of individuals becoming or deepening their role as a parent. Various studies show that women who learn mindfulness during pregnancy are able to:
- Approach labour as a positive, empowering rite of passage
- Manage stressful aspects of pregnancy, childbirth and parenting
- Reduce psychological distress and improve psychological wellbeing
- Relax, release fear and cope with birthing pain during labour
- Decrease anxiety and depression
What will you learn in this 45- minute taster session?
- Get the understanding of how the mind-body connection plays a key role in labour
- Learn how you can tap into this natural instinct to birth-in-awareness
- Get to experience a sample of techniques, which are based on the combination of intuitive body movements, visualization, self-hypnosis, breathing and various mind-over-body techniques.
Date: 20 March 2015
Time: 12:45 – 14:00*
*Note: Please dress comfortably in loose clothes. Ideally, please ask your partner to join.
More about the Facilitator:
With extensive training from the U.S. and Australia, Peggy is a certified HypnoBirthing Childbirth Educator, a pre- and post- natal yoga instructor, an IAIM Infant Massage Instructor and a Yuen Method Practitioner based in Hong Kong. She has been developing and facilitating childbirth preparation programs for expectant parents and had the privilege to be a member of the teaching team for the antenatal program at The Matilda Hospital until she started her own clinic in Central
As a therapist, Peggy specializes in working with individuals and with couples on issues such as unplanned pregnancy, teaching clients to engage mind-body connection in labor, relationships, debriefing after difficult births, grief and loss, and the challenges of parenting. With children, her gentle approach helps to address symptoms such as allergies, crying, sleep issues, lack of focus, learning disabilities, Asperger and Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). She also works with teenagers to aid them in “finding themselves” as they are approaching adulthood.
Peggy’s commitment is to facilitate her clients on a "personal development" process. She supports her clients with patience and awareness, guiding them through the discovery of their own profound hidden potential and wisdom. The process results in transforming limitations into power. Her style is known to be empowering, immediate, calming and can change your perception in how you see yourself.