“Mindfulness” is the latest buzz word in the business world. But what is “Mindfulness”? Mindfulness is the process of what is happening within us and around us moment by moment. So you start actively noticing new things and stop living in an automatic pilot mode.
Top 5 benefits of “Mindfulness”:
- It reduces stress. It is energy-begetting, not energy-consuming. And it allows you to manage stress better, allowing you to notice signs of stress, helping you to stay calm and make sane choices.
- It gives you confidence and enhances your capability. You feel able to deal competently with people and situations in a more personable manner, being less judgemental and more open to the reality of the situation.)
- It enhances your leadership skills (encompassing emotional, cultural and spiritual intelligence). Mindful management can boost productivity through improvements in morale and recognition and in turns drives better performance and loyalty.
- It helps you to sleep better. “People who reported higher levels of mindfulness described better control over their emotions and behaviors during the day. In addition, higher mindfulness was associated with lower activation at bedtime, which could have benefits for sleep quality and future ability to manage stress," study researcher Holly Rau said in a statement.
- It changes your brain in a protective way. According to a recent article published in the Harvard Business Review, “recent research provides strong evidence that practicing non-judgmental, present-moment awareness (a.k.a. mindfulness) changes the brain, and it does so in ways that anyone working in today’s complex business environment, and certainly every leader, should know about” (Harvard Business Review, C. Congleton, B. Hölzel, S. Lazar, January 8 2015).
Why Mindfulness at Luxe Nova Lifestyle Studio?
- We are located in the heart of Central, Hong Kong with easy access to all key international commercial centre.
- In the highly stressful investment world, the trend of practicing “Mindfulness” is no longer considered a “nice-to”, but a “must have”.
- The series of Mindfulness practice is led by yoga teacher, Nasci Lobo, and designed in collaboration with our own organisational coach, Stephanie Luo. This is specially focussed on “mindfulness” in the corporate environment.
...about our practitioners
NASCI LOBO has been practising yoga over 10 years, starting in Japan. He has taught in studios in Hong Kong, for the Hong Kong Cancer Fund, the Hong Kong Stroke Foundation, and introduced yoga programmes in schools, covering asana based , mindfulness and meditation, and therapy classes for 4 years. He is a Yoga Alliance 500-hours teacher having studied under Yogananth Andiappan, certified Yin teacher, is undertaking the Ganesh Mohan's Svastha Yoga Therapy programme, and has studied with teachers such as Kathryn Budig, and Dice Iida and Brionhny Smyth.
STEPHANIE LUO is an organisational coach, accredited by the Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership. Her working style is personable, focus and effective – and she provokes performance. Her first profession is an English-qualified solicitor and has worked with the renown international law firms based in the City of London. She moved to Hong Kong in 2006 to join an international bank and since held a number of senior roles in the bank. She has recently left her legal and banking profession and is now focusing on her own business ventures (including Luxe Nova Lifestyle Studio and her own management consultancy).